With nearly five hundred beachfront acres framed by the Gulf of Mexico, a coastal dune lake, a longleaf pine forest and a private white-sand beach, WaterColor Inn is the perfect gateway to exhilarating adventures. Rediscover what family time truly means as you explore our timeless vacation resort just steps from the warm, gentle surf. Spend glorious, sun-splashed days paddleboarding, kayaking, boating or fishing. As the sun sets, gather the family for a beach bonfire and s’mores roast or an outdoor movie.
Whether you seek to speed your pulse or slow your heart rate to the unhurried rhythms of the Gulf Coast, each experience offers you the chance to enjoy the best of our pristine natural surroundings.
Kayaks & SUP Rentals at WaterColor BoatHouse
The WaterColor BoatHouse, managed by The BoatHouse Paddle Club, offers several ways to explore the natural wildlife that inhabits our area on Western Lake, one of several coastal dune lakes in this area. The BoatHouse is open daily from 9 AM - 4 PM (seasonal hours apply) and is located directly on the banks of Western Lake; just a short walk from WaterColor Inn through Cerulean Park.
WaterColor Inn guests have access to kayaks (one-hour complimentary rental(s) each day; based on availability and are not required to be reserved in advance.
The BoatHouse also offers stand up paddleboarding (SUP), an easy-to-learn, low impact activity suitable for anyone from children to seniors wanting to to explore the natural beauty of WaterColor from a unique vantage point. SUP rentals are available for a discounted fee for hotel guests.
Be sure to check out a variety of classes being offered, including including Bootcamps, TRX Suspension, Girls Sweat, and more, as well as weekly nature kayak tours and rentals, and training classes for eFoil surfboards that guests can sign up for (additional fees apply).
Biking & Hiking
Biking & Hiking
Whether you have plans for a day of hiking or biking, the WaterColor Bike Barn staff will be happy to help out with maps and excursion information on the extensive woodland trail system, where you can explore miles of scenic nature trails on winding paths through preserved state park forests, picturesque gardens and around rare coastal dune lakes.
Adjacent to the WaterColor BoatHouse, the Bike Barn is located at 533 Western Lake Drive; and provides bicycles of all sizes and bike trailers (two-kid capacity). Call 1-866-651-1869 for more information.
All WaterColor Inn guests have access to the following hotel and resort pools:
- WaterColor Inn Hotel Pool- A new 2,800 sq. ft. zero-entry family pool with expanded pool deck.
- WaterColor Beach Club Pools (3)- The beach club boasts a main pool with expanded seating and lounge areas, a second adults-only infinity pool with lounge seating and a third pool with zero-entry – all with unobstructed views of the Gulf of Mexico.
- Camp WaterColor Pools (3)- Located within Camp WaterColor, guests have access to three pools: Main Butterfly Pool with Monarch Slide, Caterpillar Pool (Zero-Entry, Children's Area with Skipper Slide) and the Lazy Lizard Pool (Zero-Entry, Lazy River). Lifeguard on duty.
- Sandhill “Frog” Pool- This pool is a guest favorite, featuring giant mosaic fogs as fountains that cascade into the pool on two sides. A fun place for kids to play in the fountain, this pool is centrally located in the Lake District and offers both sunbathing and shaded lounges.
- Dragonfly Pool- The perfect way to spend the day. Beautifully detailed with ample room for sunbathing and swimming. Enjoy the outdoor grilling area for evening BBQ’s and summer gatherings. Located in the Crossings II District.
- Marina Pool- With Western Lake as a backdrop, the serene views and sounds of lake life will lull you to relax and unwind. Take a leisurely kayak on the lake and then cool off under the canopy of palm trees. Located in the Park District near the WaterColor LakeHouse and BoatHouse.
WaterColor Inn guests and Watersound Club Lifestyle members can enjoy special complimentary fitness sessions provided by the Watersound Club Wellness Center team:
Power Yoga | Wednesdays, 9- 10 AM
Join us on the WaterColor Inn pool deck for poolside Power Yoga with Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) Heidi Fowler. Power Yoga is a powerful, energetic form of Yoga where students move fluidly from one posture to the next, connecting breath to the movements while incorporating strength, flexibility, balance with both physical and mental stamina.
To register, please contact the WaterColor Inn Front Desk at (850) 534-5000.
*Should the temperature drop below 55 degrees or inclement weather prevent the class from being held outdoors, the location will be amended to the WaterColor LakeHouse. Please call ahead of your class or check on your app for availability.
Discover some of the most complex waterways and ecosystems in the world with several species of game fish, birds and reptiles. Pair its meandering creeks, underground springs and rare coastal dune lakes with the renowned saltwater offerings of the Gulf, and it provides anglers with a unique combination of fishing opportunities.
Located in the heart of WaterColor’s Town Center, Old Florida Outfitters is home to the finest outdoor apparel and specializes in conventional, as well as fly-fishing and light tackle with a network of premiere guides. Whether you are a veteran fly-fisherman hunting Tarpon on the fly or a novice who is looking for a patient introduction to the sport, our partner, Old Florida Outfitters, will accommodate you. Their goal is to deliver an enjoyable, relaxing, productive day on the water. For more information, call 850-534-4343 or visit their website.
WaterColor® Tennis By Matchpoint Resorts
WaterColor® Tennis By Matchpoint Resorts
Voted the Best Tennis Facility year after year, WaterColor Tennis managed by Matchpoint Resorts is nestled in the heart of the WaterColor Community offering five (5) Har-Tru clay courts, along with two (2) hard-surface pickleball courts.
WaterColor Tennis offers on-site Pros with a combined 80+ years of tennis coaching experience. Private and group lessons are available upon request, while daily Adult Tennis Clinics are offered seven days a week, 365 days a year. You will also find a full-service Pro shop filled with tennis apparel, gifts, and gear for both tennis & pickleball.
Call the Pro Shop at (850) 400-3696 for more details or visit their website for more information. Also stay in touch and follow WaterColor Tennis on Facebook @WaterCollorTennis by Matchpoint Resorts and Instagram @Matchpoint Resorts. For any questions and/or to book your custom tennis getaway package, email Shane Johnson, Owner/Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.