To Our WaterColor Inn Guests:
We’re Looking Forward to Welcoming You Back! Taking care of one another – that has long been the WaterColor way. And like the rest of the country, we are getting used to a new normal of living – and traveling. As we reopen our doors, our promise to you remains the same: a hospitable, comfortable, beautiful and relaxing stay for you and your loved ones.
We are currently accepting reservations and are extending refundable rates for new bookings within the hotel’s cancellation policy timeframe of two weeks. Given the fluidity of the situation, we will continue to adapt our procedures as needed. Please refer back to this page frequently for the most up-to-date information.
New Normal. Same Hospitality Promise.
We stand ready to serve you during these unprecedented times in the best way we know how: with the same hospitality excellence you have grown accustomed to. The safety and well-being of our guests and of our team members remains our top priority.
For more information regarding travel to Walton County, please visit https://www.visitsouthwalton.com/covid-19-travel-updates/.
We continue to uphold the highest sanitation and guest-servicing standards for our Forbes four-star property. In accordance with Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Executive Order signed on May 3, 2021, face masks are now optional for our guests and associates. Additionally, we have adjusted our hotel operations in accordance with guidelines and recommendations from the CDC and State of Florida, including but not limited to:
- Enhanced sanitation procedures and frequency throughout WaterColor Inn
- Enhanced hotel housekeeping protocols
- Access to hand sanitizer in key locations around the hotel
- Physical-distancing procedures in all hotel spaces
- Community pools are monitored by the WaterColor Community Association
- Touchless entry to hotel and hotel facilities, when possible
- Making mask and gloves available to guests, upon request
- Thermal temperature controls for all of our team members and guests, as needed
- Extensive Covid-19 training for all team members
- Beach chair/umbrella setups are available from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in WaterColor; details for booking a beach setup may be found here. All guests will need to vacate their beach chairs promptly at 4 p.m. to allow for proper sanitation. Any violation will result in the forfeit of beach setup reservations for the remainder of the year.
- Rented Beach Setups are available in two areas on the beach. Click here for a diagram of the beach setup layout.
- The use of personal beach equipment (including chairs, umbrellas, etc.) is allowed, but they must not be placed in front of WaterColor Beach Setups. Personal beach equipment may be placed behind WaterColor Sets or on the adjacent public beach and may not be left there overnight.
- Paddleboard (SUP), kayak and canoe rentals are available at the beach, from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Hourly fees apply.
- All visitors to the beach are advised to follow CDC guidelines of social-distancing, including no gatherings of more than 10 people and 6 ft. or more in between groups.
- Beach bonfires are available for groups, in accordance with physical-distancing guidelines.
- Beach restrictions will be enforced by the Walton County Sheriff’s Office.
Effective March 15, 2021, the WaterColor Community Association, has modified it's curfew to 9 p.m. until further notice. The curfew applies to unsupervised minors under the age of 18.
- To view the community's curfew policy, click here. This policy, which set a year-round 10 p.m. curfew for minors, was approved in 2017, and in 2018, the Board authorized implementing an earlier curfew if deemed necessary by the Director of Security.
The following amenities are currently available for WaterColor Inn guests:
- WaterColor Beach Club is open daily from 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. (weather permitting) with the following guidelines:
- Wristbands will be issued at the front desk daily for use for entry into the community amenities; a $50 charge will apply for wristbands not returned
- Guests should maintain proper physical-distancing of 6 ft. or more and not gather in groups larger than 10 people.
- Towel service will not be available to reduce unnecessary contact. For WaterColor Inn guests, towels are available in room, and at the Front Desk and/or through the bell staff. All towels must be returned to the Inn to avoid any additional charges, they should not be left at the Beach or Beach Club locations.
- Leaving personal towels as a “space saver” is not allowed; all towels left on an unattended lounger for more than 30 minutes will be removed by staff and properly sanitized.
- Live music will be offered every Thursday from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. on the WaterColor Grill Deck (provided by the WaterColor Community Association).
- The following dining options are available daily at WaterColor Beach Club, with hours of operation weather permitting and subject to change depending on business volumes and staffing levels:
- WaterColor Grill Poolside Menu served from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m, daily. Curbside Pickup available and online ordering coming soon. Online Orders Available from 2-8 PM.
- WaterColor Grill Dinner Menu, featuring Italian fare such as pizza, pastas, salads and more, served from 5 - 9 p.m. daily. Online Orders Available from 2-8 PM.
- Tiki Bar, located at the end of the beach boardwalk is serving beverages from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. (weather permitting)
- Costa Chica Menu, served from 11 a.m. – Sunset, Daily
- Beach Cow Menu, served from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m., Daily
- The Hotel Adults Only Pool is open to hotel guests only, 21 and over. Food and beverage services are available through The Gathering Spot Bar.
- Camp WaterColor will be open from 10 a.m. - Sunset. (weather permitting) with limited occupancy, in line with the CDC’s recommended physical-distancing guidelines: all pools are open; pools will be monitored to ensure the proper limited occupancy is being maintained; no towel service will be provided to reduce unnecessary contact. The Canteen Restaurant will be serving food and beverages from a limited menu, from 11 a.m. - Sunset.
- The below WaterColor Resort pools are open daily from 9 a.m. –6 p.m. (weather permitting), with limited occupancy, in line with physical–distancing guidelines. To adhere to group size limitations, entry will be based on a first-come, first-served basis, and will be monitored to ensure the proper limited occupancy is being maintained. Please note that towel services will not be available to reduce unnecessary contact:
-Sand Hill Pool
- WaterColor InnSpa is open from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday, Closed Sunday; Couples massages are currently being offered.
- WaterColor WorkOut Facility is open with staffed hours, from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. daily. Sanitation stations are set throughout the gym. 24-Hour Membership Access is available for and additional fee. Offering private yoga sessions for $80 plus $10 per additional guest; call 850.534.5950 to reserve. Outdoor Group Fitness Classes are available.
- Origins Golf Club is open for public play, from 7:30 a.m. - Sunset, Monday- Sunday (The course is closed on Wednesdays for course maintenance). Footgolf is available after 1 p.m. Tee times are recommended by calling 850-213-5090.
- Private golf club, Shark’s Tooth, is available to WCI guests during limited hours; tee times are required in advance and are based on availability by calling 850-249-3041.
- Complimentary adult bicycles are available for guest use; please return prior to dusk. Bicycles will be sanitized after each use.
- Complimentary kayak and canoe rentals are available through the WaterColor BoatHouse from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. for one hour. Reservations required by texting 850.419.6188.
- WaterColor Store is open, from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., with limited occupancy in line with physical-distancing guidelines. In-store try-ons are not permitted, and all sales are final. The shop is also continuing to accept online orders with free shipping on all orders of $150+.
- Online ordering is available from FOOW, WaterColor Grill and Beach Cow; delivery services are available within the WaterColor Community.
- FOOW is open offering dine-in services daily: Brunch from 8 - 2 p.m., Midday "Happy Hour" from 2 - 5 p.m., and Dinner from 5- 10 p.m. The restaurant is maintaining physical-distancing guidelines; as well as enacting enhanced sanitation procedures, including but not limited to restricting access to self-serve condiments and utensils, suspending napkin service and tableside cooking and limited shared bar snacks.
- To-Go Dining Services from FOOW are also available during operating hours. Orders may be placed online and be picked up curbside in front of the FOOWshoppe. Please note that 20% gratuity will be added to all orders. Beer + wine available; inquire when placing order.
- The Gathering Spot is open daily, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.